I am, like most people, always a work in progress and one of the things I struggle with the most is to be productive and have some what of a schedule. But I am getting better at it the older I get and the more I learn and these are a few things that helps me get things done.
* Put away your phone - it´s very hard to be productive when your scrolling through instagram or tweeting away. put the phone down, you will survive a couple of hours without it I promise!
* Set up a schedule for yourself - whether you are a morning person or a evening person a clear schedule of how you are going to work during the day is always good. Don´t forget to put in a few breaks when you can update your instagram, grap a cup of tea or just flip through a magazine.
* Keep the are around you clean - this is something I have only just learned this year. It´s very hard to try to focus when you have books, papers, make up and what not all over your desk. A clear space is a clear mind.
* Write to do lists - I have always been a huge fan of making lists. There is something so comforting with crossing of things you get done and having the rest of what you need to do in front of you. I always do two different type of lists; "the weekly list" of what I want to get done during the whole week and "the daily list" of daily goals and things I have to remember.
* Take breaks - as I mentioned earlier, don´t forget the breaks! No one will be producive if they work for hours without a breathing pause. It can be enough with only 10 minutes, just make sure you take some.
* Use a calender - I love buying a new planner every year. Getting to pick what design you want and how big you want it to be. Seeing all of those clear pages of days that are filled with possibilities. It´s also a great way to plan out weeks a head so you don´t forget about important things like doctors appointments and birthdays.
* Priorities - When you write your to do lists and make your schedule, make sure you put the most important things first. It might seem like the obvious thing to do but this goes with the boring things too. Get them done first so you can do the other, more fun stuff after. And if your day looks really full, see if somethings can´t be moved to another day.
* Make meal plans - now this is not my thing, my family are more the "go to the shop and grab some things when we need it " type. But it´s a great idea to meal plan. Plan out all the meals for the next week and then you can do a big grocery shop and get all the things you need. Then you´ll save a lot of time running around trying to figure out what to buy and what to eat and you will feel less stressed.
Hope you find them helpful and have a productive week.